The purpose of the ITIL Foundation in IT Service Management is to ensure that the candidate has
gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the
core principles of ITIL practices for service management.
This training is targeted towards Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization. IT
professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to
be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education.
- Service management as a practice (comprehension)
- The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
- Key principles and models (comprehension)
- Selected processes (awareness)
- Selected functions (awareness)
- Selected roles (awareness)
- Technology and architecture (awareness)
- Competence and training (awareness)
Introduction to ITSM & Service Strategy
Service Design & Service Transition
Service Operation & Continual Service Improvement