This is an online course that will help students to gain a basic understanding of computer programming.
The course will be taught using R language, so you will learn to use R. However, the programming
techniques learned in this course will be easily transferable to other computer programming languages.
Instead of focusing on statistical tests, this course will cover basic concepts and techniques in computer
programing such as index, loops, and customized functions.
• Understand critical programming language concepts
• Configure statistical programming software
• Make use of R loop functions and debugging tools
• Collect detailed information using R profiler
• Background, Getting Started, and Nuts & Bolts
• Programming with R
• Loop Functions and Debugging
• Simulation & Profiling